The Children's Musical Theater Festival is by audition only. Live auditions will take place March 4 and 5 in New York City. Video auditions can be submitted any time through March 6, 2017. We are seeking a large group of dynamic performers between the ages of 8 and 19. Click here to schedule an audition appointment.
- AUDITION DATE 1 – Saturday March 4, 2017
- AUDITION DATE 2 – Sunday March 5, 2017
- Ripley-Grier Studios. 520 8th Avenue, 16th Floor, NYC
- Make an Audition Appointment
- Festival Dates: Saturday July 8- Sunday July 16, 2017
- Rehearsal Times: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Show 1)
- Rehearsal Times: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Show 2)
- Rehearsal take place at Ripley Grier Studios (520 8th Ave)
- Performance take place at an Off-Broadway Theater (TBA)
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- Bring sheet music in the correct key to any Broadway/musical theatre or pop/rock song. Please select 16-32 bars of music. Accompanist will be provided.
- Please bring current photo (Snapshots are fine).
- Tell us your name, age and what song you are performing.
- Perform a short musical theatre song (no more than 2 minutes) that shows off your personality and vocal ability.
- You may sing a cappella, with a musical track or with live piano accompaniment. Please do not accompany yourself.
- Download and fill out the audition form.
- Online auditions will be accepted through March 6, 2017.
- E-mail YouTube or Vimeo links, along with completed PDF form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees: This is a tuition-based program. The fee is $950/performer and includes not only the opportunity to perform in the New York City premier of a new musical, but also a week filled with special workshops just for Festival participants. There are a few need-based scholarships available for families that qualify. Click here to download a scholarship application. Please bring the completed application to your audition, enclose with your DVD submission or attach to your YouTube submission e-mail.
Notification: We will contact you with audition results on March 13, 2017. If selected, you must register for the Festival’s week-long educational program by April 1, 2017.